Tazpit News Agency
- The IDF is continuing its extensive searches for the three abducted Israeli boys, focusing on Hebron. They have begun to block all routes into the city with cement blocks, stopping all traffic in and out to eliminate the terrorists from moving the three to a different location. The fear is that they will be moved to Gaza or the Sinai.
- There has been a minimal reserves call-up to augment the forces in the Hebron area.
- No major developments can be reported, but it seems that the security forces are narrowing their search range. The working assumption as that the three are still alive.
- Ministers and security officials have been visiting the family’s homes throughout the day.
- Prayers are continuously being conducted throughout the country, including the Kotel and Tel Aviv.
- Attached please find footage and photos of the prayer session at the Kotel last night. Credit: Hillel Maeir / Tazpit News Agency.
- For those who are not yet aware – Naftali Frankel – is an American citizen.
Rachel Frankel, mother of Naftali, state today:
“We feel the solidarity that cuts across sectors and the joint efforts, and we are optimistic. G-d willing we will embrace here soon Naftali and Eyal and Gilad.”
She turned to her son directly and told him that they and his siblings love him.
“You should know that Israel is turning the world upside down to bring you home. Hopefully we will be able invite you to celebrate with us,” she added.
PM Netanyahu released the following statement this afternoon, elaborating on Hamas’ responsibility for the abduction:
“Hamas terrorists carried out Thursday’s kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers. We know that for a fact. These teenagers were kidnapped and the kidnapping was carried out by Hamas members. Hamas denials do not change this fact. And this attack should surprise no one because Hamas makes no secret of its agenda. Hamas is committed to the destruction of Israel and to carrying out terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians – including children.”
“Instead of abiding by his international obligation to disarm Hamas, President Abbas has chosen to make Hamas his partner. Israel holds the Palestinian Authority and President Abbas responsible for any attacks against Israel that emanate from Palestinian-controlled territory. The Palestinian claim that the Palestinian Authority cannot be held responsible for an attack that took place in an area under Israeli security control is patently absurd.
“When an attack takes place in Tel Aviv or in London or in New York – all these places have been attacked by terrorists – the question is not where the attack takes place. The question is where it originated. The kidnappers in this case set out from territory controlled by the Palestinian Authority, and the PA cannot absolve itself of its responsibility.”
“You remember that Israel warned the international community about the dangers of endorsing the Fatah-Hamas unity pact. I believe that the dangers of that pact now should be abundantly clear to all. We have seen since the signing of that pact an increase in terrorist activity emanating from the West Bank. We have seen Hamas strengthen its presence there, and this increases the likelihood that Hamas will take control of the Palestinian Authority, precisely as it did in Gaza. This will not advance peace; it will advance terror.”
“Israel will act in all ways under its province, in all ways under our control, to bring home the three kidnapped teenagers. Israel will act against the kidnappers and their terrorist sponsors and comrades. We will do whatever needs to be done to protect our people, our citizens, our children and our teenagers from the scourge of terrorism.
Please contact us if you have further questions or require further information or leads.