Oct. 20, 2015
Palestinian Leaders Have Created a Culture of Death – Tzipi Hotovely (Wall Street Journal)
- The latest surge of Palestinian terror attacks against Israelis has come in the immediate wake of explicit calls by the Palestinian leadership to “spill blood.”
- This well-orchestrated campaign of violence follows many years in which Palestinian children have been taught to idolize the murder of Jews as a sacred value and to regard their own death in this “jihad” as the pinnacle of their aspirations.
- Yet the apathy shown by the international community to the death-culture fostered by Palestinian elites, and the unbalanced manner in which subsequent violence is often treated by the international media – as if there is any kind of symmetry between terrorists and their victims – is doing long-term, and possibly irrevocable, harm to generations of Palestinians.
- The unending stream of blood-drenched caricatures and video clips that circulate virally through Palestinian social media is a telling indication of how profoundly the worship of violence is entrenched in Palestinian society.
- Israeli children grow up on songs of peace. Palestinian children are taught to hate.
- Changing the Palestinian death-culture is no less important for the Palestinians than for Israel.
(Click on the article’s title to see the whole article…Ed.)