Aug. 23, 2016
- New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said Saturday, “There are plenty of people who support BDS who have advanced degrees and who call themselves progressives. I look forward to challenging them.”
- “Defending Israel – from my point of view as a progressive – is a matter of being consistent with progressive values,” de Blasio said.
- He described the BDS movement as one that “seeks to undermine the economy of the State of Israel and makes it harder for Israel to exist, therefore renouncing the very notion that the Jewish people need a homeland in a still dangerous and unsettled world.”
- “We in the United States, or in any nation, you can disagree with a particular government’s policy at that moment in time, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t believe in that nation, or its right to exist, or its founding ideals,” de Blasio said.
- “Israel, in good times and bad, tough times and easier times, has been a beacon….Where there are disasters around the world, Israel is one of the first to be there in defense of those in need, regardless of their background, regardless of [faith].”
See also Mayor de Blasio Exposes BDS as an Anti-Semitic Fraud – Editorial
What many BDS supporters fail to understand is that the movement’s architects see Israel’s very existence as illegitimate. Ultimately, they aim to end Israel’s character as a Jewish state and homeland. (New York Daily News)
(Click on the title of any article to see the whole article…Ed.)