Aug. 23, 2019
- It is important… to note that, in recent years, many Muslims have openly and firmly come out to oppose all forms of Jewish hatred and anti-Zionism.
- In the West, they are the best integrated, and therefore and should be given the greatest support from social agencies and governments.
- On April 24, 2014, thirty French imams signed an open letter in Le Monde, in which they denounced antisemitism and terrorism… Similarly, [in] May 18, 2018, a group of prominent British Muslims placed an open letter… in the Daily Telegraph to urge other Muslims to come out against antisemitism whenever it can be seen.
- “[W]e also admit and have to be honest that there is a substantial set of people within Muslim communities who circulate anti-Semitic tropes and who use the Palestinians and their quest for statehood, as a means of targeting Jewish communities. This is not acceptable….” — ‘Muslims Against Antisemitism’ website (United Kingdom).
- These reform-minded individuals and groups deserve our full support.
It is no secret that Muslims have for centuries found ways to follow an anti-Jewish ideology embedded within holy books. In the Qur’an, for instance, one verse says:
Say (O Muhammad SAW to the people of the Scripture): “Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allah: those (Jews) who incurred the Curse of Allah and His Wrath, those of whom (some) He transformed into monkeys and swines, those who worshipped Taghut (false deities); such are worse in rank (on the Day of Resurrection in the Hellfire), and far more astray from the Right Path (in the life of this world).” — (Qur’an 5:60; Mohsin Khan translation]
A hadith promises:
“That on Judgment Day, the Muslims will fight the Jews, and the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees. Then the rocks and the trees will speak, calling upon the Muslims: ‘Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill them.'”