Israel Under Fire: How You Can Help – July 22 Edition – #StrongerTogether
from Daily Alert
(I know nothing about the majority of these charities, but Daily Alert is a reliable source…Ed.)
There have been huge losses in this war, and our troops and brothers and sister across Israel need us now more than ever! We must keep our heads up and focus on the task at hand.
Citizens, businesses and organizations continue to mobilize to ensure that our soldiers are receiving the support they require and that citizens in the direct line of fire are safe, secure and being provided for appropriately.
We will always be #StrongerTogether.
Below please find a list of donation/volunteer opportunities.
PLEASE give generously (time and money) and be sure to SHARE this list far and wide so that every initiative receives the support required.
(Did we miss something? Please add the information as a comment below.)
(1) Six campaigns to send care packages and supplies to soldiers on the front lines.
(2) Three campaigns to send pizza to soldiers on the front lines.
(3) A campaign to send falafel to soldiers on the front lines.
(4) A campaign to send food packages to soldiers on the front lines.
(5) The Lone Soldier Center in Memory of Michael Levin will be sending clean socks and energy bars to lone soldiers on the front lines.
(6) The Lone Soldier Center in Memory of Michael Levin will also be sending backpacks to lone soldiers on the front lines.
(7) Volunteers are needed in Sderot to assist with kids and babies (1.5 – 5 years of age) in various programs. Volunteers must be 17 or older.
(8) The Jewish Federations of North America’s campaign for the distribution of safety equipment and emergency information as well as trauma counseling and respite opportunities for families living under fire.
(9) NATAL’s campaign to provide resiliency workshops to first responders who are under fire and resiliency workshops to summer camp teachers and counselors dealing with kids and parents under extreme stress.
(10) United With Israel’s campaign to provide supplies and treats for soldiers on the front lines and emergency relief for families living under fire.
(11) Eishat Chayal’s campaign to support the families of IDF reservists who were called up to take part on Operation Protective Edge.
(12) Yad Eliezer’s campaign to collect food and basic necessities for families in the south.
(13) ALEH’s campaign for emergency funding to assist with the care of severely disabled children who are in the line of rocket fire.
(14) The Orthodox Union’s campaign to collect funds for citizens in Sderot, Kiryat Gat, Kiryat Malachi, Beit Shemesh and Ofakim who are in need of urgent care.
(15) Four campaigns to provide basic necessities for Israeli citizens living in the south.
(16) Magen David Adom, Israel’s national medical emergency service, has treated 182 civilians over the last several days, including people who were injured on the way to bomb shelters and many shock victims. They are looking for donations to bolster their efforts.
(17) The JNF needs funds to deploy 24 mobile bomb shelters in the south.
(18) Support businesses in Israel’s south by ordering pizza from local vendors to be delivered to families and soldiers in the region.
The following pizza stores are willing to take your orders and deliver them to families:
Pizza Kopidon in Ofakim: +972-8-992-6658
Pizza Netivot: +972-8993-0145
Pizza Roma in Sderot: +972-8-661-2007
Pizza Italkia in Ashkelon: +972-54-942-4212
Pizza Roma in Ashdod: +972-8-866-7000
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] noting which store you contacted to place an order.
(19) One Israel Fund is running the “No More Jewish Victims” Campaign, providing urgently needed preventive security and emergency medical equipment in real time to those who need it most.
(20) OneFamily is arranging retreats and support groups for the victims of terror who are experiencing serious trauma during the current military operation.
(21) The Jaffa Institute is running summer programming for 110 children displaced from the communities of Sderot, Ofakim, and Netivot in the organization’s facilities in Bet Shemesh.
(22) An independent campaign to provide trips for children and teens from the south.
(23) A campaign to fund a summer camp for Ashdod students.
(24) A campaign to send chocolate bars to lone soldiers on the front lines.
(25) The Association for the Wellbeing of Israel’s Soldiers is collecting closed packages of socks, toiletries, canned food and other supplies at their ‘Beit HaChayal’ centers all over Israel.
DETAILS: http://www.awis.org.il/ (or call *3399)
(26) Keren Libi is collecting personal items, particularly clothing like socks, underwear, and undershirts, for soldiers who have been on base since the beginning of Operation Protective Edge. They are located in Tel Hashomer.
DETAILS: http://www.libi-fund.org.il/ (or call 052-946-4149)
(27) A campaign to send toiletry kits to soldiers on the front lines.
(28) NEW YORKERS: Mt Sinai Jewish Center in Washington Heights will be hosting a pizza night fundraiser to support the IDF on Tuesday night, July 22 at 8:00 PM. ALL PROCEEDS will go towards buying pizza for Israeli soldiers on the front lines.