July 20, 2015
- Hamas is only one of several radical groups in the Gaza Strip that have been receiving financial and military aid from Iran. The other groups include Islamic Jihad, the Popular Resistance Committees and some Fatah-affiliated militias. According to Palestinian sources in the Gaza Strip, the Iranians have already resumed their aid to Hamas’s military wing, Ezaddin al-Qassam.
- Hamas officials hope that the nuclear deal and the lifting of sanctions imposed on Iran will lead to a dramatic increase in Tehran’s support for the terror groups in the region. Thanks to the deal, Hamas and Hezbollah are once again working together toward achieving their goal of undermining moderate Arabs and Muslims and eliminating Israel.
- “The Palestinian people will not surrender and we will continue with the resistance until the liberation of all of Palestine.” — Mahmoud Zahar, Hamas leader.
- Hamas seeks to ensure continued Iranian backing for its plan to destroy Israel, while at the same time joining the Sunni-led coalition and pretending to oppose Iran’s rising power in the Middle East.
- This deal has virtually destroyed any prospect of a peaceful solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.