Fars report: Saudi intelligence chief
met with Israeli counterpart
jpost.com, Dec. 8, 2013
Iranian news agency cites twitter account of whistleblower who said sides met to coordinate on Iran, Syria.
Saudi Arabia’s intelligence chief Prince Bandar bin Sultan met with his Israeli counterpart and other high ranking Israeli officials in Geneva on November 27, according to a report by Iran’s Fars News Agency that cited a whistleblower with access to Saudi classified information.
The whistleblower, known as Mujtahid, who according to Fars “is well connected with the inner circles of the Saudi secret service,” revealed the details of the meeting on his Twitter account.
According to Mujtahid’s tweet, Bandar and the Israeli officials agreed on issues including “containing Iran by any possible means, exercising stronger control over Syria’s Jihadist forces, sidelining Muslim Brotherhood and stopping the waves of the Arab spring,” Fars reported.
According to a report in The Sunday Times from last month, Riyadh gave its consent for Israel to use Saudi airspace for a potential attack on Iran.
The paper quoted a diplomatic source as saying the Saudis were willing to assist an Israeli attack by cooperating on the use of drones, rescue helicopters and tanker planes.
“Once the Geneva agreement is signed, the military option will be back on the table. The Saudis are furious and are willing to give Israel all the help it needs,” the Times quoted the source as saying.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said in an interview with French daily Le Figaro last month that there is a “meeting of the minds” between Israel and the “leading states in the Arab world” on the Iran issue – “one of the few cases in memory, if not the first case in modern times.