10 FACTS ABOUT HAMAS
1. Hamas is a radical Islamist group and is designated a Palestinian terrorist organization by the U.S., the EU, Canada, Japan, and Israel and banned in Jordan, the UK, and Australia.
2. Hamas is supported by the world’s major state sponsors of terrorism and worst human rights abusers.
3. Hamas is not trying to end a nonexistent Israeli “occupation.” It took credit for ending Israel’s presence in Gaza when Israel evacuated all settlements, people, and soldiers in 2005 to promote peace.
4. Hamas’ mission is the murder of Jews, the “obliteration” of Israel, and its replacement with a Taliban-like theocracy.
5. Hamas rejects all compromises and negotiations with Israel. Its goal
is genocidal—Israel’s destruction, not territorial accommodation or
6. Hamas systematically commits double war crimes with impunity, targeting Israeli citizens and forcing its own citizens to be directly in the line of fire.
7. Hamas is responsible for the civilian casualties in Gaza and cynically exploits these deaths for propaganda purposes.
8. Hamas’ dictatorial government oppresses Gaza’s residents, denying them civil, human, and political rights.
9. Hamas has impoverished Gaza, diverting resources for civilians to its
10. If Hamas renounced terrorism, honored past PLO-Israel agreements, and accepted a two-state solution, there would be no violence, and Israel and the international community would help turn Gaza into a thriving, beautiful Mediterranean region. Hamas has instead chosen a path that is destructive for Israelis, Palestinians, and hopes for a better future.
For more information and documentation, read the Hamas Charter at
www.hamascharter.com and the Hamas fact sheet at www.standwithus.com/factsheets.