Jun. 11, 2019
- The “Arab refugees” of 1948/1950, now renamed the “Palestinian refugees,” are ostensibly represented by the Palestine Liberation Organization/Palestinian Authority.
- UN documentation claims that in 1948/1950 there were 711,000 refugees. According to UNRWA, in January 2018 there were over 5.4 million registered Palestinian refugees. Only 30-40,000 are original refugees.
- The PLO/PA and the Arab countries must understand that Israel will never agree to the “return” of the ever-growing millions of descendants of the original refugees.
- Recognizing this as the reality, the U.S. came to the conclusion that the world cannot fund the ever-growing Palestinian refugee community indefinitely.
- Using the aid money to integrate the refugees into their host countries’ economies is the only viable solution, and will eliminate a major obstacle to peace.
The writer is head of legal strategies for Palestinian Media Watch. He served for 19 years in the IDF Military Advocate General Corps, including as Director of the Military Prosecution in Judea and Samaria.