July 27, 2018
- Since Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza in 2005, Hamas has fired thousands of rockets indiscriminately into Israel, dug attack tunnels under the border, killed and wounded soldiers at the border fence, carried out suicide bombings and other acts of terrorism, and most recently is flying arson devices – kites and balloons – across the border to burn our lands.
- All the while, in its guiding charter and in the speeches and propaganda of its leaders, it’s told anybody who’ll listen that it is bent on destroying Israel, that the Jews have no right to be here – or anywhere else for that matter – and that, sooner or later, it will wipe us out.
- Hamas threatens that if we don’t lift the blockade that Israel (and Egypt) impose on the territory it controls, it’ll keep on attacking us. If we do lift that blockade, it is patently obvious, Hamas will immediately bring in more of the weaponry it needs in order to pursue its declared goal of destroying us.
- It is quite astonishing to hear those who argue that Israel should ease the restrictions on access it imposes on Gaza – that is, that Israel should cooperate in its own destruction.
- For weeks, Hamas has been mobilizing the Gaza masses to damage and break through the border fence. Defending that border, the Israeli army has killed 140 people – dozens of them Hamas members. Nobody would be dead, however, were it not for the Hamas-instigated violence.
- Obviously, Israel is going to defend its border against terrorist attack. Obviously, Israel is going to retaliate when it comes under assault. And obviously, Israel is not going to lift the security blockade it imposes on Gaza so long as Hamas runs the Strip.